A few years back, I began a story called “Charlie Bone vs. Twilight“, in which characters from Charlie Bone deal with the Twilight saga. Four chapters of pure comedy ensue as Charlie Bone and Billy Raven get into the mother of all rivalries with Manfred Bloor, who clearly didn’t like Twilight until he read the first book. The boys also deal with the Volturi (who kidnap them in a later story), Wolves from La Push, and even the entire Cullen family.
And the antics of old Ezekiel Bloor is simply the icing on the cake.
Anyway, in the sequel to the story, I stopped at the part where 15-year-old Charlie leaves his recently remarried mother and returns to his father, Lyell. His future has been compromised when he shocked his grandmother and aunts by refusing to attend Bloor’s Academy of Fine Arts and choosing to attend high school instead.
Now comes the kicker…
Charlie is attending high school, where he meets a coven of young vampires. But that’s only half the story. He also meets a spellcaster named Katelyn McKnight, whose true identity is very shocking. In true paranormal fashion, there are vampires, werewolves, and spellcasters, and these three groups are preparing for a more than life or death battle against the wizards who hold the magical world in its thrall.
I’ll be continuing the story shortly.
- Midnight for Charlie Bone (Jenny Nimmo) (haydensbookblog.wordpress.com)
- What’s Good About Twilight: Observations from a non-Twihard with a head-cold (occupiedandpreoccupied.wordpress.com)
- Twilight – Movie Review (outcastdimension.wordpress.com)
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (flyingtank.wordpress.com)
- Twilight Saga: the short second life of bree tanner – Book Review (detectivemaxxzeqsterscreepycrawlyamazingadventures.wordpress.com)